Saturday, December 6, 2014

Photography Experiment

One of the many things I do is create photography art. Get ready for the shameful plug- I have an Etsy shop at www.NakedEyes.etsy.com. It's mostly travel photography and flowers. Definitely worth a visit- but hey, I'm pretty bias over here. Here are a few of examples of my work (I promise this post is not entirely about me):


  


Last night while sippin' on my Egg Nog and Maker's Mark (a must try if you like Egg Nog), I got to thinking about photo editing and how each photographer will edit a photo differently- giving way to the creative aspect of photography beyond lenses, cameras and environments. 

With modern-day technology, photo editing tools such as PhotoShop, OnOne Software and the endless other photo transformation software available is only a click away. I couldn't help but wonder, what would happen if I gave an unedited photo to 10 different photographers and see what they would do with it? No doubt I would receive 10 completely different versions of the same photo. Are you intrigued yet? 

So here's my proposal: Calling all photographers (professional, amateur and hobbyist alike) who would like to participate in this experiment. It pays nothing (We're use to that, eh?). However, your name and website will be added to this blog. I know, I don't have that many followers yet- but hey, how cool would it be to be apart of such an experiment? 

The Rules:
1. If you would like to participate, please send me an email to: NakedEyesPhotography@gmail.com. I will then send you the photo as a 300dpi file. 
2. You may not use this photo (edited or not) for personal monetary gain or claim any rights to the photograph. 
3. You have full creative control.
4. Once you have finished editing, please send the edited photograph to: NakedEyesPhotography@gmail.com. Include your name, your title for the piece, website and country of origin. (I highly encourage many international participants). 
5. I will then blog about the results once I receive enough entries. 
6. I will also not use your edited versions for monetary gain or claim any rights to your edited photo. (Only fair, right?)
7. You are allowed to share this blog and the post with your final edited photo. As a mater of fact, I extremely support it! 

Here is the photo to be edited. It was taken at Hanalei Bay on the island of Kauai. This photo has not been altered or cropped in any way: 


Please subscribe to this blog and follow me to see the followup post about this experiment. I'm not sure how long it will take to acquire the photographers and receive the individually edited versions. I have cross posted about this experiment- So if you want to be included, don't dilly-dally. I'm only accepting 10 entries. 

Feel free to comment below. Have an additional idea for this experiment? I'm all ears. 

2 comments:

  1. Your page layout and site is beautiful! I love your photography. I'm not certain about editing the image and reinventing it as I am more of an abstract artist, but I will certainly give it some thought. I wish you a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debra! Turning the photo into abstract digital art would be an amazing addition to this experiment! If you are interested, please shoot me an email. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete